Yay!! Rem I declared that BH and I can only buy clothes 4X a year? ( once every season.) heh.. it’s March!! The time of the year again! I can smell spring.. and oh.. I so love spring coz I can see the pretty pink cherry blossoms along the streets 🙂 It’s a pretty sight – somehow beautiful things always bring tears to the corner of my eyes as I don’t know how long it will last..
Oh well, put my emotions aside.. today, I am blogging about Gmarket again!! yayness!
If you are like me, you have alot of cash balance left in your Gmarket a/c and you wonder how you are gonna use it. Then read on!
Let’s start with the same mentality. Set this straight. Repeat after me ” It’s impossible to fully utilise every single penny in my Cash Balance”
[Background info. on Cash Balance]
1) It is not the same as Gcash.
2) Cash balance is the money which is credited to your Gmarket a/c because u paid too much shipping for your previous gmarket shopping
3) Cash balance also comes from gift certificates. For example, you were a Gmarket Top Blogger for a certain mth. You will be given a gift certificate which you confirm receipt and deposit into the cash balance.
[Ways to use Cash balance]
1) Accumulate until you have a HUGE sum then use it in 1 go in a single transaction (1 BIG order)
2) Use it in 2 transactions. Eg: 1 BIG order ( pay with Credit Card or Paypal) & 1 small order ( pay with cash balance) then combine international shipping ( under the ‘request’ section)
I went ahead to use Method 2 so that I can maximise my Cash Balance ( cum use my gift certifcate from Jan) 🙂
Misconception: I had 9 items in my cart. I thought I could pay partially using Credit card and cash balance. However, it doesn’t work this way.
What I did?
I spilt up my orders. With abt 60,000 won in my cash balance, I can only buy 2 items + shipping.
Here’s a sceenshot:
*IMPORTANT* Pls make sure that the amt of Cash balance you have covers the payment. In other words, Cash Balance have to be MORE than the Payment
Yes, so I did a bit of maths to count which items should I buy in order to maximise my Cash balance 🙂
Last but not least, Gmarket will prompt you to confirm your payment using Cash Balance. (payment value diff from printscreen above.. heh.. I changed my items)
[Can I still buy when my Cash balance is LESS than my payment?]
Yes! You certainly can! However, take note of what I highlighted in the red box. You will need to deposit $ in your cash balance before the payment due date ( not sure how many days as I have not tried it)
[How can I deposit $ in cash balance?]
You need a korean bank a/c or get someone to buy you a gift certificate so that you can deposit into your cash balance.
[ Can I buy a gift certificate myself and deposit into my cash balance?]
Great minds think alike! I wondered about that too! heh.. I don’t have a Korea bank a/c so I can’t even buy myself a gift certificate!
Yups.. so I hope this entry helps you on how to use your Cash Balance 🙂 Pls feel free to share your thoughts by dropping me a comment!