[This is an outdated post]
One Sunday, 2 weeks ago, I was really craving for chocolate souffle and tiramisu. Yes, both desserts at the same time! haha.. I bought the ingredients and decided to make them on the same day! Abit ambitious BUT these are ez recipes! The chocolate souffle came out v well.. Tiramisu taste ok but the cream wasn’t as smooth as I wanted it to be
managed to find a recipe that yield 2 servings for the chocolate souffle
Chocolate souffle recipe (for 2)
(from My San Francisco Kitchen)
⅓ cup semisweet chocolate chips (used chocolate bar)
1 tbsp unsalted butter
½ tsp vanilla extract
1 large egg yolk
1 tbsp warm water
2 tbsp and 2 tsp granulated sugar
2 large egg whites, room temperature (I used 3 egg whites)
⅛ tsp fresh lemon juice
Pinch of salt
Pinch of cinnamon
Confectioners’ sugar for garnish (I omitted this)
1) Grease 2 ramekins with soft butter, then coat with sugar. Place ramekins in the freezer and chill for at least 30 minutes.
2) Place an oven rack in lower third of the oven and preheat to 400 degrees F.
3) Add the chocolate and butter to heatproof bowl then placed over a saucepan filled with an inch of simmering water (not touching).Stir the chocolate occasionally until melted and smooth.Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract and cinnamon. Set aside.
4) In a large bowl, add egg yolk and warm water and beat until frothy. Gradually add 2 tsp sugar, and continue beating about 5 minutes.
5)Gently fold the yolks into the chocolate mixture.Remove ramekins from freezer.
6)Add egg whites to the bowl of a standing mixer with whisk attachment and add lemon juice and pinch of salt.
7)Beat on medium until frothy, then gradually add 2 tbsp of sugar and increase speed to high.Beat until the whites hold a stiff peak then stop.
8) Gently fold about a third of the egg whites into the chocolate to lighten, then fold in remaining whites until just blended.
9) Carefully spoon the souffle mixture into the ramekins, and place on a baking sheet.
10)Bake until the soufflé rises and when the top is touched with your finger it springs back, about 18 to 20 minutes.
11)Remove from oven, dust with confectioners’ sugar and serve immediately.
Note: Eat immediately after baking – it will shrink and sink once out of the oven!
My not so successful Tiramisu.. shall share recipe when i find a better one