Chanced upon this article here
Some points are rubbish! But other points (which I BOLD are kinda true)
haha…just a few wks before.. BH and I were dining at a cafe, while waiting for our food to come and thinking about the move and to break the silence I asked BH “Do you realised that we always do stupid things together? ” then BH went ” haha.. ya!”
“What’s the MOST stupid thing we did together?” I asked ( and already knew the answer)
“The MOST stupid thing we ever did together is to GET MARRIED! ” BH replied
“BINGO!!!” I’m not surprised! heh… and we still like to do stupid things like this…
“Eh… how many of these reasons you agree with ah?”
1. You have an excuse to throw one heck of a party.
2. You get the thrill of trying to hide gifts from your partner (and surprising them with those gifts!)
Only for the 1st yr… we don’t bother now… if there’s a gift…we are happy liaoz..
3. If you buy something yummy, you can have fun feeding it to each other.
4. You end up with twice as much awesome stuff in your house to enjoy.
That’s the prob!!! Mks moving difficult!
5. You can work on projects, arts and crafts together.
and we end up having ‘projects’ 1/2 way done and imcomplete for months!
6. You don’t have to watch movies at the theater all by yourself.
watch movie at home
7. You suddenly have an excuse to move to a bigger place.
8. You have a reason to eat healthier.
9. You have a reason to spend your nights doing something other than surfing for porn.
10. You don’t have to be bitter about Valentine’s Day anymore.
11. Your family gets bigger.
Not a good reason… esp if u don’t like the other side of the family?
12. You have someone to take roadtrips with.
13. You have someone to explore the world with.
14. You have a reason to keep from letting your messes get out of control.
15. You have someone to share your dreams and fantasies with.
16. You can listen to each other’s problems and help each other through them.
17. You have someone else to consider before you make any rash, crazy or destructive decisions.
18. You have someone to enjoy your music with.
19. Nothing cures headaches like a good orgasm.
20. There are religious benefits, if you’re into that sort of thing.
21. The group of friends you hang out with gets bigger (even if just by one person!)
22. Suddenly, you have someone who will share a pizza with you at 3am.
23. You can have a beer with someone other than your friends.
24. Your friends don’t have to listen to your complaints about being single anymore.
25. You have someone to read with (or to!)
like this silly article!
26. You have someone who will catch you if you fall.
27. You can learn to compromise.
28. You can learn to listen and be understanding.
29. You have an excuse to write love poetry (and leave it for your partner to find.)
30. You have someone you can kiss until the sun rises (and wait up for the dawn with.)
31. You have someone to talk about your past with.
32. You don’t have to sleep alone (or cuddle your pillow)
33. You can teach each other things (other than just patience)
34. You don’t have to self-shoot your profile pictures anymore.
35. That whole “just friends with benefits” thing? Yeah, never worked for me.
36. You don’t have to go out or pay for massages anymore.
37. Suddenly you can get hugs pretty much whenever you need them.
38. You don’t have to worry about being called a cat lady (or a terminal bachelor!)
39. You have an excuse to cook something more healthy (and more substantial) than just a frozen burrito.
40. You have someone to celebrate your successes with.
41. You have someone rooting for you to succeed.
42. You have someone to stand by you during the hard times.
43. Suddenly you have someone other than your pet who you get to buy surprises for.
44. You have an excuse to keep yourself in shape.
45. Married people are happier on average anyway.
46. You don’t have to go into adult shops alone (or feel creepy doing it)
47. You have someone to share a nice, romantic candle-lit bath with.
48. There are no problems, only solutions.
49. You don’t have to keep your deepest secrets bottled up inside anymore.
50. You have someone (besides your mom) to make stuff for.
51. You don’t have to travel alone anymore.
52. Someone besides you actually cares how your day went.
53. You have someone to dance with.
54. Together, you can do anything.
55. Romantic songs start to make you happy (instead of sad or angry.)
56. You have someone to hold (or who will hold you) when things get really hard.
57. You have someone to protect (or who will protect you) when faced with danger.
58. You have somewhere else to be (when you can’t wait to get out of some situation or another.)
59. You get an awesome excuse to wear an awesome ring.
60. You have an excuse to celebrate holidays even when your family isn’t anywhere nearby.
61. You have an excuse to create new traditions.
62. If you learn a new language together, you have someone to practice it with.
63. You have someone you can be silly with who won’t judge you for it.
64. You have an excuse to be a lady (or a gentleman)
65. You can do cute things (like calling a radio station you know your partner is listening to and dedicate a song to them.)
66. You have someone else’s hair to play with other than your own.
67. You have a good reason to stay positive and not be a downer.
68. You have an excuse to wake someone up with kisses.
67. You have someone to remind you of all the things you have to be grateful for.
68. You have someone you can be yourself around (instead of feeling like you always have to fit in.)
69. You have someone else who believes in your dreams and your ability to succeed.
70. You don’t have to brave the dating scene anymore (or risk ending up in a relationship with someone who is totally nuts!)
71. You can throw away that tattered memo on your desk that says “Stay strong! Stay single as long as you can!”
72. You have someone who is willing to wash your back for you.
73. A good relationship is like a cushion of air that lifts you up and keeps you flying all day long.
74. You can live all the really juicy (and dangerous) stories vicariously through your single friends instead of first hand.
75. Any children you have will have more than one person to take care of them (and for them to look up to)
76. You have someone you can be eccentric or artistic with.
77. Say goodbye to heartache, dumping, and being dumped.
78. Love is a powerful armor for your self esteem.
79. You have two brains full of knowledge to draw from in a given situation (instead of just one.)
80. You have an excuse not to spend your whole life working.
81. You have someone to come home to (or who can come home to you.)
82. Happy people (i.e. people in good relationships!) are less likely to spend all their money on things they don’t need.
83. It gives your grandparents something grand to be happy about.
84. Telling someone you want to spend your life with them (and them alone) is a powerful way to say “I love you.”
85. You don’t have to clean alone.
86. It’s easier to spot cool things in stores – – two sets of eyes!
87. Suddenly there is someone (other than your mom) who appreciates your art.
88. You get the wonderful boost of a kiss on the way out the door.
89. You have someone to call you on it (or warn you) when you make a bad judgement.
90. You have someone to try new foods with (and cook with!)
91. You get to take time off from work for your honeymoon.
92. Happiness is infectious.
93. You get to enjoy the small things, like watching how your partner dresses themselves.
94. You can experience the wonderful dualism of a partnership.
95. It is easier to see your own shortcomings through the eyes of another.
96. Suddenly, you have a reason not to walk away from it all.
97. If your work schedules are different, there’s almost always someone home (and that makes for a safer house!)
98. You can make it romantic and get remarried over and over again.
99. You have a constant companion who you can walk with, run with and enjoy life with.
100. Suddenly you have proof that happy endings really do happen (and they’re just the beginning!)
101. Suddenly, there is someone in your life who makes you really and genuinely want to be a better person.
I’m blessed 🙂
The qn is…. for how long????